Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Historic Election

Did you vote? I hope so. While you will not normally find me discussing politics or my own personal political views in my blog, on this night I feel like I need to say something. As Americans, I believe it is tremendously important that we practice our most basic of rights whenever we have that opportunity. No matter who you chose to vote for or against, this will be a historic evening. As we watch and learn who we have chosen to take on the most challenging of roles, we have changed the way we will forever look at the leaders of our Nation. America will either have its first woman Vice-President or its first African-American President. As a teacher, I find it exciting, regardless of my own personal political views. It's not often that this type of historic occasion happens in one's life but here we are America...you've made the history books tonight.

No comments: