Friday, January 1, 2010

Capture

The last ten years have brought some pretty major changes to my life...getting married, gaining a dog, and having a child...memories that I will not soon forget. I am so looking forward to what will be ahead in the next decade. Not so sure where the road will lead us but I'm sure we're up for the adventure, as every year of the past 10 have been, so will the next be a continuation of that trend.

I feel a little nostalgic as I write this, knowing that I can't go back but can only hold to the memories that have been made. Would I change anything you ask? Not one, I can honestly say I wouldn't be the person I am now if I hadn't experienced every single thing that has come my way. It wasn't always easy, and sometimes it was downright difficult, but I made it through and know that everyday it's my choice to decide how I will respond to whatever may take place ~ easy or difficult, good or bad.

So I have decided that this year, I want to CAPTURE the important moments...there are so many things I feel like I miss - and I want to be able to remember those important moments. So my word for the year will be CAPTURE. How? I'm not completely sure yet, I don't think I am up for the 365 challenge...I started it last year but didn't make it past February. Maybe it will be a 52 week challenge...a photo a week for 2010 that I can scrapbook. Maybe it will be completing a 10 on Tuesday every week for the year. I'm not sure, but I will be deciding today.

It's important to me to make sure that I capture all of this. I want to record the important and the everyday so Brenna has something she can look back to when she is my age, to know what she was doing and what was going on in our lives.

Happy New Year friends...capture your memories in whatever way you can...

2 comments:

Missy said...

Your banner is AWESOME!!!!

Mrs. Sullivan said...

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of it, especially since it is my first shot at digi-scraps!