Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Brenna's Ten

1. It's Tube Time
So the latest in the Brenna ear infection sickness saga is this. After many months of infections and/or constant fluid the decision to go ahead with tympanostomy tubes has been made. Hopefully it will make a difference for her. Ultimately we just want her to have some relief from the pressure and pain that she has been experiencing and avoid more antibiotics if at all possible. It's a little scary knowing that she has to go through this but looking back at the last 19 months, I guess this is our "piece of cake." What's a ten minute surgery to a little girl who was so early and managed to champion through a hemangioma the size of hmm...I'm not sure what to compare it with...but it was kinda big. She's a pro of course. Mommy and daddy on the other hand don't handle these things very well. I keep hearing from other parents what a difference it will make and how much better off she will be once they are in. The other bonus is that the doctor said that she won't have any restrictions when it come to water in her ears. Yea for baths and swimming without cotton balls or ear plugs...yeah, like she would keep those in...sure she would. Next Wednesday is the day so stay tuned for updates.
2. I just found out that my good friend Marie is in the beginning stages of pre-eclampsia. Thankfully, Taylor V 2.o is due April 4th and it seems "the boy" is being a little more cooperative than Brenna when it comes to staying cozy and warm for the duration. I'm sure this is rather difficult for her and for BJ because they are in the midst of selling a house, moving and raising an adorable, yet very busy 2 year old. I know how difficult it can be but I also know the joy that comes from the the challenges that pre-eclampsia sometimes presents. Here's to "the boy" staying exactly where he is suppose to for as long as he needs to! :P
3. It is very cold again...not as cold as last week when we had a "cold day" instead of a snow day, but cold just the same. Too cold to take the little girl outside for a walk. What do I think the weather should be like in Cleveland in February? 70 and sunny...nope, that is saved for my dear San Diegan brother. What's the weather today FPIII? Let me guess...70 and sunny as usual?
4. I had the best time watching Brenna play tonight. Watching a 19 month old play when she thinks no one is watching is great. She was washing her dishes in her little kitchen sink, opening and closing the door to her little kitchen's microwave, just exploring in general. Pretending to talk to Nonny on the phone. I'm amazed every day by how quickly she is changing and how much she learns.
5. She has learned to turn her plate over instead of giving it to us when she is done eating. While I appreciate that she is learning cause and effect, I'm not so sure how I feel about this:
B: aaa done (Her version of All Done)
Me: Give mommy your plate please (I grabbed it to keep her from turning it over).
B: (holding tightly with both hands) Et Go!
Me: I'm thinking to myself wait a minute, I'm the mommy, I get to tell you to let go, you don't get to tell me that!
6. Laa loo is the best thing that comes from our daughter's mouth! Especially when she says it and we don't have to say "Brenna, say love you" I'll take "laa loo's" any time any day!
7. Uncle Freddy now has a name... Brenna say Freddy: "Bweddy" She knows exactly who he is in pictures and sometimes kisses the picture or the phone if we are talking to him or leaving him a message.
8. My daughter is learning about taking care of babies. Unfortunately, while she loves and kisses her baby (mmwaaa), she often carries it by the foot, drops it on its head, smashes it into the play stroller and baby carrier that came with it, she hasn't learned that you have to be careful with babies and that it really isn't polite to drop your baby on her head. She does love to pick it up, give it hugs, rock it, pat its back (while saying "aaaa" and "beeby"), and puts one of her blankets on it...very cute.
9. B spent the day with grandma because fever=no day care. They played and snuggled and will do it all over again tomorrow. Grandma is teaching her to look thru something and say "I see you". She does her little girl version of "see you" annunciating the you very precisely, just as she does with yes. It's YYEESSS. Not es, s, or yeah, but Yyesss.
10. Yea for Nilla wafers.

No comments: