Thursday, December 18, 2008

On the 8th Day (Before) Christmas...

When we arrived home this evening I took Brenna out of the car and put her down so I could carry things in from the car. She is certainly big enough to walk on her own and the driveway had a clear path to the house that wasn't covered in snow or ice. I'm getting things out of the back of the Jeep when this happens:

B: "my walka the no {snow} mom" (oh yeah...mom, not mommy, mom).

S: "please stay out of the snow Brenna, you don't have your boots on and I don't want your feet to get all wet"

B: giggling - walks immediately into the snow - "my walka the no!"

She then proceeds to take her little fingers and run them through the snow, grabbing as much as she can in her unmittened hands. She didn't have her mittens or gloves because she threw them in the car, it's not a far walk to the house, and it wasn't too terribly cold. I thought for sure she would start complaining immediately but she got this huge grin on her face and said "cooollldd"! She continued to play for another minute until I told her it was time to go in. Of course I didn't have the camera handy while this was going on...it's another one of those mental memories. I did manage to get a few shots of little fingerprints and shoe prints in the snow!

No comments: