Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Sunday Six aka The 12th Day (Before) Christmas

1. We're on the countdown to Christmas! The tree is up ~ with 5 decorations carefully placed by Brenna. The dog's crate is in the middle of the living room - she is currently sleeping in there all curled up, it's rather cute! Brenna is napping - although I am not sure how as her daddy, pa, and uncle are downstairs sawing and nailing up paneling so that we can have a relatively finished basement by Christmas Eve...it's our turn to host the party ~ we hope we can do it!



2. I have entered all of my grades for my students' interims...yea - something else I can check off the list.



3. I currently am not remotely close to having our shopping done but if we would like to have clean clothes, clean bathrooms, and a finished basement, then shopping is on the shelf until next weekend.



5. A story to top all previous crazy mom stories - Friday Brenna had a doctor's appt. so I had to take the morning off to take her. We decided she would spend the remainder of the day with Grandma instead of going to day care. We finished up at the doctor fairly early so I decided we would do a quick Target run before we went to Grandma's. Shopped quick, loaded B into the car, not remembering that I had bumped the lock button on my keys, threw the keys in the front seat with my phone, closed her door. Went to open up the back of the Jeep to put our purchases in and OMG!!! it won't open. Yes, I did the thing all mothers are terrified of doing...locked my daughter in the car with not only my keys, but my cell phone. Luckily a woman in the parking lot took pity on me - thank you whoever you were - and let me use her cell phone. I called the police because who else would I call? The longest 5 minutes of my entire life. Standing on the outside looking in at B...who's looking at me like I am absolutely crazy. I'm crying and playing games with her through the window to keep her occupied. She was oblivious to what was really going on thankfully. I know this because she said to me "no mommy, you no do that (tap on the window and make faces at her). Thank you Officer Young for saving the day. I do solemnly promise to never throw my keys in the front seat while placing my child or my packages in other locations of my car. The only true damage was to my motherly soul...may I never lock her in the car, in the cold, with no phone, or keys again. Thanks mom for making me feel better by sharing a similar story of woe when I was about B's age!



6. Here is my first photo for my 2008 - 12 Days of Christmas Scrapbook


Have a wonderful week everyone!

1 comment:

Marie said...

that is my WORST nightmare. seriously. glad it turned out ok!! that and locking myself out of my house while taking the trash out and the code (we don't have keys, but a code to get in our house) not working-with the kids inside. i live in fear...