Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snowy Saturday

We're sort of snowed-in today. We might venture out later for food but other than that I think a quiet Saturday at home is in order. I put B down for her nap at 10:45 and she has yet to wake up - almost 3 hours later. Sean's been working and I am currently burning back-up CD's of all of our digital photos. I'm finding that in my attempt to back them up to flash drives I have multiple copies of things but I guess it doesn't hurt to have that either. I know, I know...the only true way to not lose these files is to get them printed but I am not excited about footing the bill for the over 3000 photos I took in 2008, let alone the previous 2 years of B's life. While I know I won't print them all (lots of them are blurry, dark, etc), there is still a quite hefty amount that need to be printed and scrapped or put into photo albums. I think I need to do it methodically so that there is some order to the albums. I did manage to sort them by date taken so each month has a folder. There are the few hazy months before we got the new camera that are date questionable because I dropped the camera in a baby pool while on vacation in Californa 2 summers ago. Luckily I didn't lose any photos and believe it or not the camera still worked - not well - but we were still able to capture the important moments. Thankfully we received a new camera for Christmas last year and the photo organization has been much easier. So far I have everything from when Brenna was born to May of 2008 - I had already backed up some of the photos previously and forgot that I had done that...saved lots of time!

Enough about that...here's a funny photo to brighten your day...Thursday, while getting ready to head to daycare...B decided that this was how she wanted to brush her teeth.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Yah- they just plowed our road at 8:00PM! We were stuck in too.