Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Week 6

Journaling: What to say about these photos...Brenna’s point of view while mommy takes a shower. The mother of them all though is the pure white photo that took as she dropped the camera right on the lens. Yikes, I thought for sure it was broken and I was really mad at myself for leaving the camera where she could get it. The camera, which had captured 7858 of our memories, that I tend to have as an extension of my arms, that my brother gave us as a gift two Christmases ago, that I cannot do without because something might happen and I want to get every single shot, the camera that makes me care about photography again, the camera that inspires to me to get the perfect shot, that camera had a very crooked lens. Said camera would not turn on, the lens wouldn’t retract, it was broken. I was crushed...thank goodness for Sean. I was afraid to push the lens back in, “Why? When it is already broken,” you may ask, “I really don’t know.” But my awesome husband just pushed on it...and it closed, and it turned on, and it took pictures and it IS NOT BROKEN! While I haven’t determined whether the quality has been compromised, I can still get the shots, and keep the memories attached to those shots. Lesson learned: keep the camera away from the small child that lives in our house!

Needless to say, it is apparently very important to a 3 year old to take pictures of whatever she may be watching on tv, and the dogs back end, and her chair, and the hall/kitchen floor on the way to show mommy that she has the camera, just before the deadly (or not-so-deadly)drop. She took 14 pictures in 4 minutes.

Here is that famous "oh my gosh, it's broken" photo...it makes my heart drop just thinking about it! Doesn't look like much does it?

No comments: