Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tuesday 10-Spot ~ Wednesday Edition

1. We had an ice storm last night...made the morning commute interesting and the afternoon commute rather pretty.

2. Brenna is 1 week post-tube surgery and is doing wonderfully. No major drainage and they don't seem to be bothering her in the least. It also seems as if she is picking up more words. I wonder how differently things sound to her now.

3. I am doing well on my reading list to this point. I was able to read both Gathering Blue and The Messenger over the weekend. The great thing about young adult fiction is that it is usually a quick read for me. I feel like I actually accomplish something when I can manage two books in one weekend.

4. Needless to say, between the Birthday Celebration for Liam (I can't believe he is 7 already!) and the Cleveland Auto Show (very helpful in allowing us to do research for our next vehicle), I didn't accomplish much else this weekend. NO Laundry...it's going to haunt me this weekend for sure! A little cleaning. Lots of time just the three of us which was fun.

5. Today was almost another SNOW DAY. Almost.

6. Brenna has learned the art of being a tattletale. Already. Someone at daycare today had gas and the teacher asked "who has gas" in a fun way. Brenna pointed to the little boy and calling him by name, said "osh gas". Oh My!

7. I am so looking forward to the summer when we can have lots of play dates with friends! The school year has been great so far but I do miss the time spent with friends. It just seems that there is always something going on that keeps us all from spending time together.

8. I am on to The City of Ember beginning tonight, after Big Brother of course!

9. Did I tell you that pucker kisses for the first time (complete with the sound effects), from our little munchkin, are wonderful?

10. I would like to learn how to take better photos with the digital camera. It seems they are always too close, bright, not bright enough, and always on the unnatural side. I know that our camera is capable...it's the user that's not doing so well...suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

Marie said...

sorry i haven't been around, but you know...
anyway, play around in your aperture or av setting. if it is low light you have to set your iso high (like 800 or 1600) but outdoors or lots of light 400 or under is good. also, change your white balance depending on what kind of light you have. for indoors you want the light bulb looking setting or the florescent setting instead of leaving it on auto which can make the pictures look really yellow. i don't know what kind of camera you have, so just read your manual for how to do all of this on your camera. hope this helps!